WE CAN HELP
Australia has introduced a new Modern Slavery Act (MSA) requiring large businesses to submit an annual Modern Slavery Statement and train their staff on the issue of modern day slavery.
The Freedom Hub is an Australian anti-slavery organisation, experienced in running a successful ethical business with slave-free supply chains. We use our profit to fight slavery within Australia and to help victims recover. This experience positions the Freedom Hub to be the ideal organisation to provide compliance training for all business enterprises, large and small.
Our MSA Workshops ensure you have the practical ‘how to’ on slave-free procurement. We will equip you with a clear understanding of compliance with the law, and help you to write your MSA statement. We will show you how to leverage these new market opportunities, how to be a purpose-driven business, how to increase sales through ethical values and how to be a leader within your industry.
Once trained, you are eligible to join the Freedom Hub Ethical Business Network with great benefits.
These entities can submit a voluntary statement and be listed on the public register.
These entities must comply to the NSW or Commonwealth legislation.
The Freedom Hub has taught about modern slavery to many organisations:
Holding Redlich Lawyers
NSW Hospitality Tech Teachers
Kenvale Hospitality School
Improved brand image (people before profit)
Attract quality employees with strong values
Help to eliminate GLOBAL Modern Slavery
Engaged staff whose work now has a purpose
Increased trust among stakeholders and potential customers
Be a part of the Freedom Hub’s network of over 120 trained or partnered organisations
The Freedom Hub
- The Freedom Hub café and event space has become renowned for its ethical procurement policies and collaborative partnerships with businesses who have ethical values
- The Freedom Hub Survivor School has been working with victims of slavery in Australia for 5 years
Holding Redlich Lawyers
- Holding Redlich is a law firm that provides legal services for clients of all sizes including many of Australia’s largest public and private companies and all levels of government
- Holding Redlich have partnered with the Freedom Hub to provide legal training on the Modern Slavery Act
Frequently Asked Questions
What workshops are you offering?
– On site workshops: at one of our venues
Our next workshops are taking place in June 2019. Please click ‘Book now’ above for more details.
– On demand: at your venue (20+ people)
– Online workshops: to save travel (10+ people)
– Student/College Seminars: at your University or TAFE
For more information about our on demand, online and student options, please contact [email protected]b.org
HOW LONG ARE THE WORKSHOPS?
All workshops are 3 hours long, including a 20 minute break.
This is practical training; not a seminar.
Introduction and Overview (1 hour):
- What is Modern Slavery and how does the new Modern Slavery Act affect me?
Practical application (1.5 hours):
- Begin researching your supply chains
- Begin to write your statement
- Learn how to write your supplier code of conduct and new agreements
- Learn how to write your HR policies
- Learn how to leverage the new market opportunities of ethical supply chains
WHAT ARE THE PRICES?
Please click ‘Book now’ above to see more details on pricing.
Stories of Freedom
It’s the chocolate lover’s favourite time of year. Chocolate is everywhere in huge quantities. Who’s complaining? We certainly aren’t! That said, not all chocolate is the same - not only in taste, but in ethical impact too. We all want to be able to indulge in some...read more
Over 40.3 million people are in modern slavery around the world. Not only that, there is an estimated 15,000 people in slavery on any one day right here in Australia. It can seem hard to believe. However, this is the stark reality facing all of us today. Therefore, we...read more