Below you will find all you need to know about hiring The Freedom Hub Venue for you own fabulous event. Have a read and then if you want to find out more or book a site inspection complete our event enquiry form here.
DO YOU OFFER DIFFERENT VENUE HIRE PRICE PACKAGES?
Yes. We have three packages to choose from.
1.The Freedom Hub venue can be hired as a “blank canvas”. This package includes the cafe tables and chairs only. *French white lounges can be added at an additional cost*. As a blank canvas you bring in everything else you need, as you would for a marquee event. We have recommended partners you can select if you want to ensure your wedding is completely ethical or you can choose your own.
2. Alternatively, you may book an “assisted event” Where we provide staff, Tableware and Glassware. You can add onto the packages any extras such as rubbish disposal, overnight storage, extra staff, PA system, Projector etc.
3. Or the “fully managed venue” event, where we work together to select ethical food from our menu, wine and staffing. The fully managed package also gives you a number of hours with one of our experienced wedding planners who will help you with every detail to make your event a huge success. You can still style your event with your own feel.
DOES YOUR VENUE ALLOW BYO?
You are welcome to BYO beverages. There is a flat $100 corkage fee. The Freedom Hub bar staff are required to serve due to RSA laws. The required ratio is 1 bar staff per 40x guests based on the drink menu. Additional bar staff can be added onto your preferred package.
You are required to provide your own drink tubs, ice, garnishes, spirit pourers etc.
CAN WE HAVE OUR OWN CATERER?
The great thing about hiring The Freedom Hub venue is you have the flexibility to choose our preferred 100% ethical caterers. Or you can outsource your favourite caterer instead.
We recommend for outsourced caterers, come by the venue to check out our kitchen facilities. Because it is a cafe kitchen. We also recommend you make a booking with our event planner on site. You may need additional staff needed for your event. (ie canapés, sit down a la carte etc)
*Most catering companies will offer their wait staff in their packages or you can request ours*
IS THERE A TIME LIMIT AT THE VENUE?
The Freedom Hub venue is a cafe six days a week. So events are held outside cafe hours. We charge your event by the hour so you can choose how much time you need to bump in your event and bump out. This includes bump in time for your caterers, florists, bands etc
If you choose the Blank Canvas venue hiring option, the venue must be reset as found for cafe trading after your event. (Or we can provide a team to set up and/or re-set). At night events all guests must have departed the venue by midnight the latest.
NOTE: During COVID there is an additional COVID cleaning fee after your event.
Find out more about hosting a Covid Safe Event and our COVID action plan here.
WHAT IS YOUR CHANGE POLICY?
After you have received a quote from us, you place a non refundable $500+GST ‘hold the date’ deposit. We have become a very popular venue so holding a date can cost us thousands of dollars in missed business if you cancel. Also the deposit also helps us cover the administrative costs of hours put in by your planner to reach quote stage.
6 months ahead: You may cancel with no other charges up until 6 months ahead.
21 business days ahead: 80% of venue hire will be refunded up until 21 business days before the event.
14 business days ahead: 50% of venue hire will be refunded if cancelled 14 business days weeks before the event and
5 business days ahead: 30% of venue hire and any costs we have pre paid up until 5 business days ahead.
NOTE: Venue hiring has become a challenge during COVID. We have had to initiate a Covid policy which is inline with other venues to help protect the hospitality industry during this very difficult time. This means that any event that cannot be held due to COVID restrictions will not be refunded. Instead it will be transferred to a later date when restrictions are lifted.
DO YOU HAVE PARKING AT THE VENUE?
On street parking throughout the weekend, beside TFH there is a parking lot which is empty Friday from 4pm and all day Saturday & Sunday
Green Square Station (15 min walk)
Redfern Station (Then take either bus 301, 302, 303 to Bourke Street, 2 min walk to The Freedom Hub)
301, 302, 303 Redfern Station to Bourke Street
304 – Circular Quay to Bourke Street
320 – starts at: Campbell St before Reserve Rd Artarmon (Stop ID 206450) goes to Bourke street (2 min away from The Freedom Hub)
343 – Chatswood Station to Elizabeth St before McEvoy St (5 minute walk to The Freedom Hub)
IS YOUR VENUE WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY?
Yes. We have a ramp leading into the venue. We have wheel chair accessible toilet and wide corridors for access.
HOW DO I HIRE YOUR VENUE FOR AN EVENT?
- Complete the enquiry form here giving us as much information about the event as possible.
- We will contact you to find out any information we are missing and then send you our pricing packages.
- If you are happy that the prices fit into your budget, book a 1 hour ‘viewing and planning meeting’ with one of our planners.
- We will then send you a personalised quote for your event and put a ‘tentative hold’ on the date for 14 days.
- If you are happy with the quote, a $300+GST or $500+GST for a wedding ‘hold the date deposit’ is required within 14 days of the quote & the signed T&C’s.
- A 50% deposit is required 3 months ahead of the event, and full payment is due 14 business days ahead.
We would be honoured to help you “host an event your guests will remember”.
100% of the profits from your venue hire is used to end modern slavery and help victims recover. You can find our more about our work in Ending Slavery here.
#partywithpurpose #smallchangebigeffect #ethicalbusiness.