FIVERS FOR SURVIVORS25-30 July 2022
Be part of World Day Against Trafficking in Persons
You’re invited to join with us as we raise awareness about modern slavery and funds for the survivors of Australian slavery.
Calling all Australians to give a Small Amount to collaboratively make a Big Difference
Why register your own event
There are a few benefits when you register your own event:
- ✓ You’ll have an official event link so people know you are not a scammer.
- ✓ We’ll send you a full resource and media kit for your event.
- ✓ You’ll know your making an impact and helping someone rebuild their life
- ✓ Engage your workplace in the fight to end modern slavery
Remember to use the event hashtags in all your social photos and PR leading up to the day. This will give your business and the promotion so much more exposure and we will promote your organisation in our social media.
#fivers4survivors #freedomhuborg #smallchangebigeffect
Ideas for your Fivers for Survivors Day
- Run a Lunch & Learn – order in with Ubereats
- Run a Cocktail Making Competition – after work (can be run virtually)
- Organise groups of Five for a Freedom Picnic
- Run a Coffee a Cake Hour – we will send slides & slavery fact sheets
- Dress up as Super Hero’s for the Day – because you are!
- Fast for Freedom – feel the pain of poverty by not eating for a day
- Wear a Silly Hat for the Day
- Girls go Bra Free – for Freedom
- Be creative, make it fun, great for team building as people feel they are working together to make a difference.
Successful Corporate Events in Past Years
Linkedin – Staff Bake Off $5pp entry $5 per vote
Lexis Nexis – Team Olympic Games $5pp entry
Allegis – Staff Cupcake Sale $5 a cup cake
Holding Redlich – Pizza & Dinks $15pp entry
Taylorcare – Brunch & Learn $15pp entry
Schools have run sausage sizzles
Clubs have run raffles with hampers to win
Modern slavery is happening right here in Australia
The World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is fast approaching, on 30 July 2022. While it’s hard to believe, Australia has not escaped this age-old atrocity and we also have survivors of slavery, or human trafficking, who are part of this year’s theme, “Victims’ Voices Lead the Way”. Coinciding with this day, The Freedom Hub is holding its own Fivers for Survivors Campaign to raise funds to support these survivors, help them recover from the trauma they experienced, assimilate back into society, and give them a voice.
Shockingly, The Freedom Hub believes there are over 60,000 slaves in Australia. But there’s something you can do about it.
Fivers for Survivors asks businesses and individuals to give a small amount, from just $5, to have a big effect on the lives of slavery survivors. One hundred per cent of donations from the Fivers for Survivors Campaign will go to survivors of modern slavery through The Freedom Hub.