When we receive new survivors at The Freedom Hub we celebrate.
The referral of a new survivor means they are:
- no longer being held captive
- looking forward to their future
- making choices about their own life
- free from slavery
This month we are celebrating three new referrals. So that is three more people that have found freedom.
Term One at the Survivor School is in full swing!
We have some incredible new teachers who have joined our team. They bring with them a wealth of experience in ESL teaching, trauma informed care, primary and secondary teaching.
This term our program includes the following courses:
- Information Communication Technology,
- Health & Self Care,
- English Conversation,
- Australian Culture,
- Swimming, and
- a number of one-on-one tutoring sessions focus on English, homework help and job skills.
The Freedom Hub Survivor School
This is a place where survivors are trained, encouraged and prepared for the workforce. A place where, through one-to-one mentoring, supported learning and practical application with partnered businesses; survivors can learn faster, feel valued, and trust is reestablished. Survivors are accelerated into a position of success.
“The Freedom Hub helps survivors stay motivated & seek opportunities to live a life of freedom, by offering supported learning and work experience, setting them up to have another go and not lose heart.” Sally Irwin, Founder
Want to support the Survivor School? Here is what you can do:
- Buy an opal card (spend $40 per month),
- Purchase a school starter pack ($20),
- Or Buy class resources ($30 per class – excursion, class materials, gifts etc)
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org