WE CAN HELP
Australia has introduced a new Modern Slavery Act (MSA) requiring large businesses to submit an annual Modern Slavery Statement and train their staff on the issue of modern-day slavery.
The Freedom Hub is an Australian anti-slavery organisation, experienced in running a successful ethical business with slave-free supply chains. ALL profits from our social enterprises are allocated to fight global slavery and to help victims in Australia recover.
With over 14 years of experience working with victims of slavery; working on many advisory groups both within Australia and overseas; the Freedom Hub is the ideal organisation to provide compliance training for all business enterprises, large and small.
Our MSA WORKSHOPS for small businesses (under $50 million in revenue), who want to submit a voluntary statement are an introductory ‘get started’ package.
Small businesses will want to DIY as much as possible to save money. We will ensure you have the practical ‘how to’ on checking your supply chain for the risk of slavery. We will equip you with a clear understanding of compliance with the law, and help you begin to write your MSA statement. We will show you how to leverage these new market opportunities, how to be a purpose-driven business, how to increase sales through ethical values and how to be a leader within your industry.
For large businesses (over $50 million in revenue) wanting to submit a statement, we offer bespoke TRAINING on Modern Slavery for your board, your employees and your suppliers.
We also help large businesses with assessing the procedures, operations and supply chains of their organisation and suppliers. We offer an easy Risk Assessment and Measurement Platform (R.A.M.P) to help you ramp up your response to modern slavery.
Finally, we can also help your oganisation with REMEDIATION processes for victims of slavery.
Every entity is different so a one on one chat would benefit large organisations more. We will help you discern your risks of slavery and develop the next best steps for your company.
The Freedom Hub training on modern slavery and human rights business practices has impacted many large organisations including:
Google Sydney | Oracle Sydney | L.E.K Consulting | Lexis Nexis | Metcash | Holding Redlich Lawyers | BAT Australia | NSW Hospitality Tech Teachers | Kenvale Hospitality School | Emanuel School | St Andrews College | NBRS Architects | Vivcourt Trading | Employsure | Investible | Fishburners | Westpac | Suncorp | Palisade Investments | Macquarie University | Social Traders | Griffith University | Bond University
Improved brand image (people before profit)
Attract quality employees with strong values
Help to eliminate GLOBAL Modern Slavery
Engaged staff whose work now has a purpose
Increased trust among stakeholders and potential customers
Be a part of the Freedom Hub’s network of over 500 trained or partnered organisations
The Freedom Hub
- The Freedom Hub has become renowned for its ethical procurement policies, human rights policies and collaborative partnerships with businesses who have ethical values
- The Freedom Hub Survivor School has been working with victims of slavery in Australia for 10 years. We know how to identify the hidden crime of slavery.
- The Freedom Hub is a member of The Australian Trafficking Response Network; The National Partnership Against Modern Slavery; The NSW Forced Marriage Network; Be Slavery Free Coalition; Qld Network to Stop Slavery and Trafficking; The Commonwealth 8.7 Network.
- Social Traders Accredited
- NSW Business Chambers Social Enterprise of the Year 2018.
- Modern Slavery Specialist with 14 years experience working in the field and supporting victims of this crime in Europe, Australia and the Pacific Region
- Founder and Managing Director of The Freedom Hub; Team Lead for TFH Ethical Business Services.
- Australian Governments M&E Advisory Group for the new National Action Plan to Combat Modern Slavery (NAP)
- Westpac Advisory Group for Safer Children Safer Communities
- Management Committee for The Commonwealth 8.7 Network
- Member of the Risk Management Institute of Australia.
- Social Enterprise Operations Manager for The Freedom Hub
- Ethical Procurement Expert
- Experienced Business for Purpose practitioner
- Qld Team Lead for The Freedom Hub
- Ethical Procurement Expert in China
- Experienced Business for Purpose practitioner in Myanmar working with factories to ensure human rights and ethical supply chains for Eden Jewellery
Frequently Asked Questions
What workshops are you offering?
– Small Biz Get Started Workshops: 2 hours
(dates are updated on our social media platforms regularly)
– BESPOKE ‘Zoom’ Workshops for your industry/business (10+ people) 1hr on Modern Slavery or 2hr MSA Training
– Live at your venue (15+ people)
– Student/College Seminars: at your University or TAFE
For more information about our ‘on-demand’, online and student options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG ARE THE WORKSHOPS?
All workshops are from 1 hours on zoom to 2 hours for in depth training, including a 15 minute break.
Our 2 hour practical training is very thorough with practical know how from experienced practitioners in procurement & slavery.
This not a seminar full of theory, leaving you wondering where to actually start.
Introduction and Overview (30min):
- What is Modern Slavery and how does the new Modern Slavery Act affect my business?
Practical application (1.25 hour):
- How to start mapping and researching your supply chains
- How to begin to write your statement – we go step by step through each the requirements
- Learn how to write your supplier code of conduct, policies and Whistleblower response
- Learn what HR policies you need
- Learn how to measure your progress each year
- Learn how to remediate victims of slavery identified
- Learn how to leverage the new market opportunities of ethical supply chains
WHAT ARE THE PRICES?
Our 1 hr zoom workshops are $50 per person
Bespoke 1 hr Zoom workshops are from $500
On Demand Live Speaking from $300 – $1000
On Demand 2 hrs Training from $500 – $2000
Stories of Freedom
Purpose has become more important than ever over the last two years. How has consumer spending changed toward purpose, and what is The Freedom Hub doing to leverage this opportunity. Since the day we opened our first cafe in 2015, The Freedom Hub has been...
Partner to end Modern Slavery? How has the pandemic made this a huge battle? The third arm of our social purpose is to 'partner in the fight to end global slavery.' Partnering is the only way we are going to end this crime. The official pre-pandemic figure of...