WE CAN HELP
Australia has introduced a new Modern Slavery Act (MSA) requiring large businesses to submit an annual Modern Slavery Statement and train their staff on the issue of modern day slavery.
The Freedom Hub is an Australian anti-slavery organisation, experienced in running a successful ethical business with slave-free supply chains. We use our profit to fight slavery within Australia and to help victims recover. This experience positions the Freedom Hub to be the ideal organisation to provide compliance training for all business enterprises, large and small.
Our MSA WORKSHOPS are for small businesses under $50 million in revenue, who want to submit a voluntary statement.
We also offer specialised help to large businesses who need guidance on where to start or need staff training in compliance.
Small business will want to DIY as much as possible to save money. We will ensure you have the practical ‘how to’ on checking your supply chain for risk of slavery. We will equip you with a clear understanding of compliance with the law, and help you begin to write your MSA statement. We will show you how to leverage these new market opportunities, how to be a purpose-driven business, how to increase sales through ethical values and how to be a leader within your industry.
For businesses over $50 million in revenue who must comply with the law and submit a statement, we can train your employees on Modern Slavery and help you with REMEDIATION processes. Every entity is different so a one on one chat would benefit large organisation more. We can also help you discern your risks of slavery and develop the next best steps for your company.
The Freedom Hub has taught about modern slavery to many organisations including:
Holding Redlich Lawyers
NSW Hospitality Tech Teachers
Kenvale Hospitality School
Improved brand image (people before profit)
Attract quality employees with strong values
Help to eliminate GLOBAL Modern Slavery
Engaged staff whose work now has a purpose
Increased trust among stakeholders and potential customers
Be a part of the Freedom Hub’s network of over 120 trained or partnered organisations
The Freedom Hub
- The Freedom Hub café and event space has become renowned for its ethical procurement policies and collaborative partnerships with businesses who have ethical values
- The Freedom Hub Survivor School has been working with victims of slavery in Australia for 10 years. We know how to identify slavery.
Frequently Asked Questions
What workshops are you offering?
– On site workshops: at one of our venues
Our next workshops are taking place monthly August to December 2019. Please click ‘Book now’ above for more details.
– On demand: at your venue (20+ people)
– Online workshops: to save travel (10+ people)
– Student/College Seminars: at your University or TAFE
For more information about our on demand, online and student options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG ARE THE WORKSHOPS?
All workshops are 2 hours long, including a 15 minute break.
This is practical training; not a seminar.
Introduction and Overview (1 hour):
- What is Modern Slavery and how does the new Modern Slavery Act affect my business?
Practical application (1 hour):
- How to begin mapping and researching your supply chains
- How to begin to write your statement – we go step by step through the requirements
- Learn how to write your supplier code of conduct, policies and Whistleblower response
- Learn how to write your HR policies
- Learn how to leverage the new market opportunities of ethical supply chains
WHAT ARE THE PRICES?
Please click ‘Book now’ above to see more details on pricing.
Stories of Freedom
Last week, we published an article discussing the significance of knowledge and education, emphasising its role in future advocacy and action. Now that we are (sadly) coming to an end in our 16 Days of Freedom series. Where we have introduced and discussed, in detail,...
As we march farther and farther into the holiday and Christmas season, it can be rather easy for us to get swept up in all the big, shiny, mass-produced products to purchase as gifts. It’s easy to find the most marketed items, the cheapest clothing, the newest...